Historic Dairy State Bank
When Dairy State Bank opened in January of 1948, it joined Plymouth’s history of banking which began in 1873, four years before Plymouth was incorporated as a city. By 1953, the bank’s assets had reached the $1,000,000 mark, up from a start of just $60,000. On December 21st of 1953, the banked moved from 55 Stafford Street to a new location at 300 E. Mill Street, the site of a former National Foods Store. The new location offered the very first drive-in banking service in the city of Plymouth. In October of 1994, Dairy State Bank opened another branch bank at 2002 Eastern Avenue. Then, in 1997, the branch moved downtown, and the main bank moved to its present location at 2323 Eastern Ave. The bank, now known as Bank First National, has assets of $72.3 million with 15 full-time employs. The downtown branch location closed in November of 2009 and is now the home of Advanced Eyecare S.C. which is owned and operated by Doctors Tim and Cheryl Ziegler. Dairy State Bank, under the leadership of Attorney George L. Mooney, Lloyd E. Fox, Robert A. Chiples, and Donald Sippel, achieved its dream of promoting the growth and prosperity of the community of Plymouth from 1948 until 1999. Bank First National proudly sponsors Historic Dairy State Bank by artist Noella Cotnam.